Diocese of Rochester’s principles guiding sacramental preparation is as follows:
- All sacramental celebrations are actions of the gathered community.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children and are to be deeply involved in their children’s sacramental preparation. When a child prepares to celebrate a sacrament, the readiness of the family is a consideration.
- All preparation is based on readiness, not age or grade level.
- Children who have reached the age of reason (seven) must be given adequate basic catechesis so that their participation in the sacrament may be a free response of faith.
- Preparation is to be short and focused; the purpose is to prepare a person to receive a ritual.
- Preparation is grounded in ritual catechesis and includes prayer, Scripture reflection, faith sharing, and ritual celebration.
Learn more about Sacramental Prep for Youth here –> Information
Sacramental Program Requirements
To be eligible to prepare and receive any sacrament in this parish,
- one must be a baptized Catholic and an actively participating, registered member of St. Mary Our Mother Church.
- One must have completed at least one year of religious education or Catholic school prior to the year the preparation for the sacrament begins.
- One must meet the readiness suggestions set forth by the policy for the Administration of Sacraments. ( A Guide for Parents is available in the Faith Formation Office.)
We are open for Registration for the 2023-2024 Faith Formation year!
To register for Confirmation click the link below!