UPDATES & REMINDERS
Here are some reminders of what is happening in the parish to help keep us together while we are apart as a parish community:
- Live Stream Masses: We are live streaming masses on YouTube and a recording is available to view anytime concluding each Mass. These can be accessed via our YouTube channel or from our Masses page. There are also resources available at the diocesan website—dor.org—as well.
- Chapel visits: The chapel is open for private prayer Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and on Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Please practice appropriate social distancing strategies during your visit.
- Parish office: The office is now open and can be reached at 607-739-3817 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial contributions: Thank you for your generous financial support to St. Mary Our Mother during these difficult days. It is inspiring to know people realize this is your faith community and that your financial support is of utmost importance. You may mail your contributions to the parish office at 816 West Broad Street, Horseheads, New York 14845. There is also a box in the vestibule to receive your offering. You also may wish to use our online giving page.
A Letter from Fr. Chris:
June 3, 2020
It hardly seems possible that the month of June is upon us. As the past two and one half months have been, I am sure June 2020, will be much different than other Junes we have experienced. I am especially sad for those graduating from colleges, universities, high school, as well as our own parish school who will not be able to have a “normal” graduation experience from their schools. I hope you and your family are staying well as we continue to deal with the Corona Virus pandemic. As I announced last month, we are offering Sunday Mass through our parish’s You Tube channel. These Masses are recorded earlier in the weekend, and are available through our parish website. Thank you to the many of you who have commented favorably about having the opportunity to attend Mass from your parish church while remaining at home.
We recently received a memo and information from the bishop’s office listing the necessary guidelines and policies that will have to be met before we will be able to return to our church building for Sunday Mass. Some of those directives have been listed on our website (click link here), with additions and updates posted on a regular basis. Please be assured that we will be working as expeditiously and prudently as possible to be meet these policies and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued financial support of our parish, and for your encouragement and support in so many ways through these challenging days. May we continue to pray for our nation, our world, and for one another.
Father Chris Linsler
The Parish Office is open Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 5 PM.
|816 West Broad Street
Horseheads, NY 14845
- Thursday, May 27th, 2021
St. Mary Our Mother Mask Policy
- Wednesday, May 26th, 2021
Resumption of the obligation to attend Sunday Mass
- Tuesday, April 20th, 2021
“Great Escape” School Fundraiser raised $50,000!
- Monday, March 29th, 2021
Easter Schedule – Sacred Triduum (please pre-register)
- Thursday, March 25th, 2021
St. Mary Our Mother School “E$SCAPE” Fundraiser Ends Saturday!