A Letter from Fr. Chris:
June 3, 2020
It hardly seems possible that the month of June is upon us. As the past two and one half months have been, I am sure June 2020, will be much different than other Junes we have experienced. I am especially sad for those graduating from colleges, universities, high school, as well as our own parish school who will not be able to have a “normal” graduation experience from their schools. I hope you and your family are staying well as we continue to deal with the Corona Virus pandemic. As I announced last month, we are offering Sunday Mass through our parish’s You Tube channel. These Masses are recorded earlier in the weekend, and are available through our parish website. Thank you to the many of you who have commented favorably about having the opportunity to attend Mass from your parish church while remaining at home.
We recently received a memo and information from the bishop’s office listing the necessary guidelines and policies that will have to be met before we will be able to return to our church building for Sunday Mass. Some of those directives have been listed on our website (click link here), with additions and updates posted on a regular basis. Please be assured that we will be working as expeditiously and prudently as possible to be meet these policies and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued financial support of our parish, and for your encouragement and support in so many ways through these challenging days. May we continue to pray for our nation, our world, and for one another.
Father Chris Linsler
UPDATES & REMINDERS
Here are some reminders of what is happening in the parish to help keep us together while we are apart as a parish community:
- Stream Masses: See below for a listing of these Masses (click this link). There are also resources available at the diocesan website—dor.org—as well.
- Chapel visits: The chapel is open for private prayer Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and on Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Please practice appropriate social distancing strategies during your visit.
- Parish office: The office is now open. If you have a non-emergency, please call 607-739-3817; this number is checked regularly.
- Emergencies with immediate need: Please call the above number; you call will be returned as soon as possible.
- Financial contributions: Thank you for your generous financial support to St. Mary Our Mother during these difficult days. It is inspiring to know people realize this is your faith community and that your financial support is of utmost importance. You may mail your contributions to the parish office at 816 West Broad Street, Horseheads, New York 14845. There is also a box in the vestibule to receive your offering. You also may wish to check the parish website for online giving opportunities.
19th Sunday of Ordinary Time - August 9, 2020
First Holy Communion - August 8, 2020
AUGUST 2, 2020 - 18th Sunday of Ordinary Time
JULY 26, 2020 - 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time
JULY 19, 2020 - 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time
JULY 12, 2020 - 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 12, 2020
JULY 5, 2020 - 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 5, 2020
JUNE 29, 2020 - Volunteers Needed to Check-In Parishioners at Mass:
An important protocol for Mass is to register attendance by Thursday each week and check-in at the back of the church prior to taking your seat. This allows us to have an accurate attendance sheet for contact tracing recording purposes. We need volunteers to check-in parishioners at each Mass. If you are able to volunteer, please call Joyce at 607-739-3817 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUNE 28, 2020 - St. Mary Our Mother Weekly Mass
JUNE 24, 2020 - Church reopening scheduled for Masses on July 4th/5th! Please CLICK HERE for instructions and policies that will be in place to protect everyone from the COVID-19 virus.
JUNE 24, 2020 - Volunteers Needed for Church Sanitation
We are working hard to prepare for reopening St. Mary Our Mother Church, while keeping parishioners safe. A condition of reopening will be to sanitize the Church after each Mass. We will need volunteers to perform this task. We estimate that the process will require about 30 minutes with a team of 6-8 people per Mass.
If you are able to volunteer, please call Joyce in the parish office at 607-739-3817
JUNE 21, 2020 - St. Mary Our Mother Weekly Mass
JUNE 14, 2020 - St. Mary Our Mother Weekly Mass
JUNE 8, 2020 - Letter from Bishop Salvatore Matano (dated 6/6/2020) on the reopening of churches and the resumption of public Masses within the Diocese of Rochester. Please also see Fr. Chris Linsler's status report on our Parish's ability to open by clicking here.
June 7, 2020 - St. Mary Our Mother Weekly Mass
JUNE 7, 2020 - Statement from Bishop Salvatore Matano regarding the death of Mr. George Floyd and the recent events of violence throughout the United States.
JUNE 3, 2020 - Please see the most recent letter from our Pastor, Fr. Chris Linsler. ( ⇐ to the left)
MAY 31, 2020 - St. Mary Our Mother Weekly Mass.
MAY 24, 2020 - St. Mary Our Mother Weekly Mass.
MARCH 23, 2020 - Please join your fellow parishoners in a Prayer of Solidarity.
MARCH 21, 2020 - Bishop Salvatore R. Matano has granted the faithful of the Diocese of Rochester a dispensation from the law of abstinence from meat on the Fridays of Lent for this year. For details, click here.
MARCH 16, 2020 - Effective immediately, the Diocese of Rochester has suspended all public masses. For details, please see the Statement to the Faithful from Bishop Salvatore Matano by clicking here.
In addition, all Parish and School activities are suspended until further notice.
All in-person Masses have resumed.
Saturdays: 5:00 P.M.
Sundays: 8:30 A.M. and 10:30 A.M.
Check back frequently for
changes and updates.
The Parish Office is open Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 3 PM.
|816 West Broad Street
Horseheads, NY 14845
August 15, 2020 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmSt Mary Our Mother, 816 W Broad St, Horseheads, NY 14845, USA
August 16, 2020 8:30 am - 9:30 amSt Mary Our Mother Church
August 16, 2020 10:30 am - 11:30 amSt Mary Our Mother Church
August 22, 2020 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmSt Mary Our Mother, 816 W Broad St, Horseheads, NY 14845, USA
August 23, 2020 8:30 am - 9:30 amSt Mary Our Mother Church
August 23, 2020 10:30 am - 11:30 amSt Mary Our Mother Church
August 29, 2020 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmSt Mary Our Mother, 816 W Broad St, Horseheads, NY 14845, USA
August 30, 2020 8:30 am - 9:30 amSt Mary Our Mother Church
August 30, 2020 10:30 am - 11:30 amSt Mary Our Mother Church
September 5, 2020 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmSt Mary Our Mother, 816 W Broad St, Horseheads, NY 14845, USA
- Prepare for Mass! July 16, 2020 - Please remember to register by Thursday for the Mass that you will attend. Please call the parish office at 607-739-3817…
- March 23, 2020 - Please read the following letter from our Pastor, Fr. Chris Linsler. Click here. Also, please join your fellow parishoners in…
- 19th Sunday of Ordinary Time - August 9, 2020
- 18th Sunday of Ordinary Time - August 2, 2020
- 17th Sunday of Ordinary Time - July 26, 2020
- 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 19, 2020
- 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 12, 2020
- 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 5, 2020
- 12th Sunday of Ordinary Time - June 21, 2020
- Feast of Corpus Christi - June 14, 2020
For a list of more televised Masses, click here.