DIRECTIVES AROUND RE-OPENING OF ST. MARY OUR MOTHER CHURCH/PARISH
Note: This is one in a series of directives & restrictions that Father Chris will be forwarding
At this time, many questions remain unanswered—the date when we will offer Mass with the faithful present, the limitations upon the number of people who may be present for Mass, how people will enter, be seated, and leave the Church while maintaining appropriate social distancing, etc. Our intent is to begin introducing changes and restrictions that are currently underway so that you are not only aware of the changes but have time to prepare for these changes as well. We will continue to provide more information in the coming days in a format similar to this. We ask you in advance for your patience and commitment to follow the procedures put in place. Our utmost concern is for the safety and well-being of our parishioners, visitors, priests, and staff.
- With all precautions taken, there will be a risk for anyone who attends a public gathering. Anyone who is vulnerable, anyone with health issues, anyone who is sick, and anyone who has any fears of concerns about getting sick by attending Mass are all encouraged to stay home in accordance with the recommendations of the CDC.
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass will remain suspended for all Catholics in the Diocese of Rochester until further notice.
- Face coverings will be required before entering the Church and must be worn during the entire time that you are in Church.
- Pews will be cordoned off to assure six-feet spacing in all directions between household groups of individuals.
- All missalettes, hymnals, prayer cards and other paper resources are no longer available.
- Choirs will not be available during this transitory period. There will be only one musician and one cantor at Mass. Research shows singing expels significantly more aerosolized particles of virus than speaking, congregational singing is not feasible at this time.
- The Baptismal font and Holy Water fonts will remain empty. Water will be blessed at Each baptism and the font will be emptied following the Baptism.